POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pov Logo. Any thoughts? : Re: Pov Logo. Any thoughts? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov Logo. Any thoughts?
From: Rune
Date: 11 Sep 2000 15:08:43
Message: <39bd2dbb@news.povray.org>
"25ct" wrote:

> "Rune" wrote:
> > The basic design idea is fine, but try to simplify the design.
>
>   I'm sorry Rune, I thought it was a 'basically simple' design?

The new version you sent is more simple, and I think it looks more like a
real logo.

> > Also, with a starry BG, the logo has a kind of science fiction
> > feeling to it. It would be better if it was more neutral so the
> > logo could be given many different "feelings".
>
>      Well, I wasn't trying to give it a 'science fiction' feeling,
> more of a "PoV-Ray belongs in the future" feeling.

Um, what is the connection between stars and the future? :-)
Don't answer, I know it's a matter of how you see it...

>       Also, I believe that it is very hard indeed to produce
> many different "feelings" from one image. I must try it one day.

I think you misunderstood me. I mean it should be possible to make many
different *versions* of the logo that has different feelings. Look at the
logos already submitted to see what I mean.

If you included a starry background in your core logo design, it would have
to be a part of the logo in *all* the versions, and that would make it less
flexible. It would be more difficult to give the logo different "feelings"
when the stars always had to be there.

> > Remove the rectangular frame around the logo. Logos are not
> > fine pieces that should be framed, they are simple symbols
> > that should float independently in the air! :-)
>
>     Sorry Rune. Out of the many millions of logo's out in the
> business world - they all float in the air?

No, not all -  it was just a suggestion anyway. I think logos look more
dynamic and artistic when they are not being framed by a "boring"
rectangular (or square) frame.

> I am at present working on something else. Hopefully, all PoV.
>    I have attached for you, a 35x29 B+W version of what I'm
> working on at the moment.

As I said, this looks much more like an actual logo. Much more simple and
much more flexible. Very good, keep it up! :-)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org